RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This struck me as freaky. Two of the top riders on the same team now getting blasted in the ankle.

Pedrosa, fastest in the morning was victim of a strange incident when a rider in front of him strayed slightly off track kicking some stones into his path. Such was the impact that the stones smashed Dani's front screen on his Honda and stones also hit his helmet and left foot which left the Spanish rider limping after the impact, nevertheless he finished FP1 in first position.

Pedrosa managed to shake of the pain in time for FP2 and traded fastest laps throughout the session with Jorge Lorenzo. He eventually came out on top with a 1'56.858 time on lap 11 of 17.
"I was pretty lucky with the incident this morning as it could have been a lot worse. There were two massive rocks that flew up, one hit my left foot hard and the other one hit my screen and chin. At the beginning I thought I had broken something in my foot but fortunately it's ok, just a lot of swelling, anyway the pain is going down from this morning so that's a good thing."

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I'm getting up at 5am Saturday morning to watch GP Qualifying...
That might even be a little fun. Fresh cuppa and a danish. And 720P resolution....

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Looks like I'm getting up at 5am Saturday morning to watch GP Qualifying...
That might even be a little fun. Fresh cuppa and a danish. And 720P resolution....
Little Spanish midget gets hit by a pebble and limps away....what a wuss.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Little Spanish midget gets hit by a pebble and limps away....what a wuss.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches
Can't stop laughing there John
But it's unfair man......

I took a large-bean-sized rock on my hand's knuckles, once with gloves on, at 226km/h, probably from the truck ahead of me, and it hurt like hell, I tell you.....not trying to speak for the midget though....just a loud thought :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I was watching FP2 yesterday and can't remember who it was, but they said someone else received a few "bullet holes" in their windscreens from the rocks/pebbles on the track (after apparently someone went into the kitty litter) being "launched" back at some of the riders...

That's some scary velocity !

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Can't stop laughing there John
But it's unfair man......

I took a large-bean-sized rock on my hand's knuckles, once with gloves on, at 226km/h, probably from the truck ahead of me, and it hurt like hell, I tell you.....not trying to speak for the midget though....just a loud thought :D
I have been hit by rocks too Makis.:eek: My gear took the punishment, not me, fortunately. This guy just isn't a good winner and an even worse loser. I haven't seen him get along with any teammates he has had so far. Lord knows he gave Hayden a rash of shit when he was at Repsol.:rolleyes:

Next year I hope Repsol promotes Marquez to GP duty., that kid is dynamite on a bike right now.

Cobra....must be killer sized cats in Brno to have kitty litter the size these folks are talking about.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts