RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New RC owner/racer

Since I bought a used (crashed) RC51 last September, I think I can now say "Hiya, I'm an RC'er" finally.

I raced a TLR last season, but when the RC51 became available there was little thought involved. Swoop... it's mine!

I've done a lot of updating & upgrading to it to get it ready for the racing season... and this forum has been great for advice and friendly help. Thank you.

Cheers!
Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sure hope so... though my TLR was very light compared to a stocker... Marchi wheels, full TiForce exhaust, CF tail section, etc etc etc.

The Sato low mounts, from all reviews, have the best power gains and are quietest. One of our tracks... Calabogie... has strict noise restrictions. The Hindle banzai-mount slipons that came with the bike are really loud. They're in the box right now... possibly up for sale.

Almost impossible to find a good full system for an RC51 these days. Most are slip-ons with the original headers. There are some sites that have great reviews on all sorts of stuff... exhausts, rearsets, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Sure hope so... though my TLR was very light compared to a stocker... Marchi wheels, full TiForce exhaust, CF tail section, etc etc etc.

The Sato low mounts, from all reviews, have the best power gains and are quietest. One of our tracks... Calabogie... has strict noise restrictions. The Hindle banzai-mount slipons that came with the bike are really loud. They're in the box right now... possibly up for sale.

Almost impossible to find a good full system for an RC51 these days. Most are slip-ons with the original headers. There are some sites that have great reviews on all sorts of stuff... exhausts, rearsets, etc.
Before I found a good deal on an Akrapovic full system, I was going to buy a Tsukigi full titanium system. It's a really nice exhaust. Check into it.

However the design and workmanship on my Akrapovic is incredible.
The system uses CNC aluminum inserts that match the D-shaped SP2 exhaust ports to join the gas flow and channel it into the head pipe.
Really nice touch.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My RC51 SP2...

Suspension:
◦ Accelerated Technologies front forks
◦ Fox Racing Shock TC-R P/B

Engine:
◦ PAIR valve block-off plates
◦ Ignition coil conversion set