RC51 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day everyone!
I may be purchasing a 2001 RC51 on Saturday, and am seeking advise on the purchase price. The RC, located in OH, has 15000 miles on it although from what the owner has conveyed to me all maintenance including valve adjustment (right?) has been completed within the last couple months, and the owner will be supplying documentation supporting said maintenance.
The bike currently has Yoshi carbon slip-ons, 3" risers, puig screen, and that's about it. The asking price is $5300 although I will be bringing $5k cash to bring it home. How does $5k sound for such a bike? I feel it is fair considering the bike's condition and time of year. Your thoughts? Should I keep looking, e.g. paying a little more for an RC with less mileage?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. To throw a wrench in this, there's another (2004 Hayden edition) that I've had my eye on too that has 9600 miles on it, nearly stock with Sato slip-ons (they are scratched up though as they were swapped from a track bike b/c the seller got a nice deal on them) that I could purchase for $5,500.

P.P.S Both bikes are clean, and owners have clear title in hand...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did, and as of this morning, it's parked in my garage. :D

Got it for $4200, which I was happy with. Great bike, can't wait to get more riding time!

Did you see this SP1 in Cleveland for $4,400? Looks like a steal.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1655422496.html

Right now it is a buyers market. There is no need to pay over $5kish for a nice SP2. I would rather have a higher mileage RC that is clean and maintained than a low mileage bike that has not been cared for and or dropped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you see this SP1 in Cleveland for $4,400? Looks like a steal.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/1655422496.html

Right now it is a buyers market. There is no need to pay over $5kish for a nice SP2. I would rather have a higher mileage RC that is clean and maintained than a low mileage bike that has not been cared for and or dropped.
Thanks-sure did, but the guy bought it to "flip" so I wasn't crazy about him not knowing its history in terms of care, maintenance, etc.

That said, I found another just SE of Cleveland, and bought it yesterday! Paid even less, and bought it from the second owner who has enjoyed it since 2002! Not to mention, he was a great guy who has taken excellent care of it, and new it inside & out. I'll be posting some pics soon, and in the meantime, will be cleaning it inside the garage while it's raining outside :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts