RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any advice on the pc3 for this bike? I baught mine and the previous owner says he disconnected it but the bike seems to be very laggy when throttle is applied, bike hiccups every now and then where it looses power and then gets it back later on.

·
Registered
606 Posts
a few things I would suggest

1. fill up w/ top quality gas
2. reconnect the PC3
3. go to the dynojet website, find your current set up and download / install proper map for your bike

Hopefully that will cure ya

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there, Do you have all the hardware that comes with it? Download cd rom disc, usb cable??? & if so is the program downloaded to ur computer or laptop? Also a bit of insight on fuel for ur bike, only run 89 octane & not premium fuel. Believe it or not the rc51 produces more hp #'s on 89 octane rather than premium or race gas. Don't believe it then search the forum on fuel. Just trying to help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
148 Posts
While I agree that some testing indicates that many liter bikes make a few more horses using 89 octane on a dyno, I would be very cautious running it day in and day out. Pinging can be disastrous, and street use doesn't mimic dyno runs very well. I doubt many of us could ever see or feel the difference one or two ponies would make.

·
Registered
342 Posts
When the power commander is hooked up I would check and see that the throttle trim values are good as well as the cylinder trim values... Maybe the PO was messing with stuff and didn't realize what he was doing.
Would be a good time to reset the buttons and make sure you have a decent map loaded.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Hi there, Do you have all the hardware that comes with it? Download cd rom disc, usb cable??? & if so is the program downloaded to ur computer or laptop? Also a bit of insight on fuel for ur bike, only run 89 octane & not premium fuel. Believe it or not the rc51 produces more hp #'s on 89 octane rather than premium or race gas. Don't believe it then search the forum on fuel. Just trying to help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
How did you come to this conclusion?
I've been on this forum for 2 years and never heard anyone say that.
Prove me wrong...

·
Registered
317 Posts
How did you come to this conclusion?
I've been on this forum for 2 years and never heard anyone say that.
Prove me wrong...
From rogue rc51 RC51.org
"3. In testing various grades of pump gas I consistently found that 87 octane fuel makes 1-2 more horsepower than those exact same bikes ran on Premium 93 octane. We tested five liter class motorcycles (97 CBR900RR, 02 Honda 919, 2000 RC51, 2000 GSXR750 & an 02 R1) & only the R1 seemed unaffected by the octane of the fuel. Now I am certainly not going to tell you to run less than the recommended octane (92) in your RC51 as the specific needs of the motor dictate that a higher octane fuel is needed, but the results are blatant in that more octane does not mean more power."

But please do NOT run 89 or 87 octane in your rc51 it was designed to run on at least 92, it can lead to a lean condition and eventually cause a burnt piston or valve, i have seen this on many different occasions

and if it doesnt lean out and cause a burnt piston the you may encounter detonation or pre-ignition witch are both terrible for your motor, can eventually lead to catastrophic failure of your entire motor :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts