RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pc3usb. download all maps from dyno jets website. click run. my laptop will not open the file. what the hell?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did. if i try to open the file it flashes a window quicker than i can read what it says. it says something about a zip file though.

if i try to open the file with the pc3usb software, it says "unknown file type: 0x0033, map file version error"

i have windows vista

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha assholes! ;)

surely my os is new enough to handle this task, but i'll try on a different laptop.

madbuyer- did you ever find a map suitable for me, i responded to your pm.

i was going to try the erion full system and stock filter off the power commander site, but my pc is old as dirt apparently.

hell, for the price of a new laptop (that ill hardly use), i could have my bike custom tuned several times over!

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'm not a computer expert...but are you trying to "run" the file or download? You should download the file into your documents or desktop. Then open up the PC program...which is where you would then import the map using the PC program...it would ask you what file to import (similar to an attachment).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm running them per dyno jets tech support. However if I save it instead and then click the view downloads a widow pane comes up showing it in my downloads. But if I go into my user downloads it's not there

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'll double check tomorrow and see if I can create a few screen-shots. What are you trying to "view" exactly? The only way to view a map is in the PC software...and all it really shows are +- values for the air/fuel...unless I read mine incorrectly :confused:

I'll pull up the software tomorrow and double check.

The last map I got (thanks MB)...I just saved to "my documents"...then opened PC software...selected Load Map...it gave me a choice and where to pull map...selected My Documents...clicked on the file.

Follow up tomorrow though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heres whats happening. if i just click "save", it shows the yellow bar again, then i click "view downloads" and it shows it downloaded in that screen. but if i go in to my "computer" folder on the desktop, then go to "user" "downloads" it's not there. this happens as well in the pc software.

i have a hard time believing my computer cant handle this

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Tried saving the file(s) to a different location on your computer?

Also wondering if you have certain filetypes "hidden" under your user settings (ie - ".exe" files might not be able to be "viewed" due to your operating system settings; look for "show hidden filetypes" under folder options/view or within the control panel/settings, etc).

·
Registered
15 Posts
When the yellow bar appears, click the drop down tab next to the save button and 'save as' should appear. Click 'save as' and save the maps wherever you wish. I created a specific Powercommander folder in documents and saved the maps there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When the yellow bar appears, click the drop down tab next to the save button and 'save as' should appear. Click 'save as' and save the maps wherever you wish. I created a specific Powercommander folder in documents and saved the maps there.
i did. when i open up my documents, it's there at the top. but when i open of the pc3 software and click open file, its not there?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
obviously you can see between the two panes, the pc3 software doesnt recognize all files. see how many there are in the top pic, and how little there are in the bottom pic?

theres something going on with the file that the pc3 software isnt recognizing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts