RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have a new question. The '01 rc51 I recently bought has a PC3 installed on it. I want to know if anyone can tell me the best settings for everyday riding. Yes, I play around a little, but usually just normal riding for the most part. Is there a preffered setting for the low, normal, and high range. Is there a decent setting to get the best fuel milage. Just general info like that is what I need to know. This is actually the 1st time I've had a bike with a power commander on it. Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The best thing to do is go to Dynojet's website and download the maps available for the RC51. Look for one that best matches your bike.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=7&mdl=47&yr=105&pcVersion=411&PartNum=105

They are listed by exhaust manufacturer and air filter type. Messing with the buttons can get you worse off.

Or you can take it to a bike shop that dyno tunes and have a custom map done. Gets a little costly. The maps they have on the website are a solid foundation with a smooth power curve.

Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Leave those adjustments on the PCIII box alone, like the other poster said, download a map from DynoJet and install it, you'll be MUCH better off.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Okay guys, I have a new question. The '01 rc51 I recently bought has a PC3 installed on it. I want to know if anyone can tell me the best settings for everyday riding. Yes, I play around a little, but usually just normal riding for the most part. Is there a preffered setting for the low, normal, and high range. Is there a decent setting to get the best fuel milage. Just general info like that is what I need to know. This is actually the 1st time I've had a bike with a power commander on it. Thanks! :cool:
I've only been a member of this forum for about a year, but I have seen so many topics concerning the PC. If you haven't already, search it in this forums search engine, you'll find tons of stuff about power commanders. I get why you're asking, cause in the PC's software program on your computer, you can tweak the map yourself. But unless you really understand fuel/air, leave it to the dyno guys. I'm pretty happy with DynoJets free fuel maps. I'm on my 3rd exhaust system and their maps seem to make my bike run tip-top. There are other vendors out there that make custom maps too. Like Dan Kyle, and others that I've seen mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts