RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Due to some very strict noise regulations at my local track (see below) I'm going to stick with stock exhaust system, is it worth adding a power commander?

Lakeside Raceway Additional Terms and Conditions

1. Noise restrictions do apply: ADR compliant standard exhaust systems only. No aftermarket exhaust pipes/mufflers or cans. All trackworthy bikes with ADR compliant exhausts will be accepted.
2. No engine noise until 9am in the morning.
* If the Council official deems your bike too noisy, no refunds/transfers can be given. The measure is 95dB trackside anywhere around the circuit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For track use, I am not sure if it is worth the money on a stock bike, normally the revs should be high enough, but in my opinion, the throttle response is better and the power delivery more smooth specially with low RPM.

btw.I would think that if your aftermarket system is not extremely loud it would clear 95dB trackside, but if only stock is allowed there is nothing to do about it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thinking about it some more I may get some slipons and PC and just put the stock system and PC map back on the night before going to the track.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Why not get the pipe & airbox + intake...once done..fix PC3 & dynoed it..no point u fix slip on & PC3 & dyno it...It just waste of money...

As for me..saving some money to buy radiator scoop & dyno it in Dec..
Rear shock arrived & fixed.
Kevlar airbox & carbon intake arrived..Fixing december.

It will cost alot of money to rebuild it...so i take one at a time..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to be running the stock exhaust to be allowed on the local race track so my plan now is to get slipons and PC, get a map made for that setup then when I'm going to the track I'll swap back to the standard power commander map and put the standard mufflers back on.

Radiator scoops and carbon airbox etc will have to wait as I'm out of cash.:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
For what i known that, wzsout PC3..SP1 is rich...
Mate, why not u get the street legal slip on,...there is scorpion & remus that is street legal here in SIngapore as my few of them using it...Mine is race slip on Scorpion..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to but the rules are very strict, the track has only recently reopened after about 10 years.

Lakeside Raceway Additional Terms and Conditions
1. Noise restrictions do apply: ADR compliant standard exhaust systems only. No aftermarket exhaust pipes/mufflers or cans. All trackworthy bikes with ADR compliant exhausts will be accepted.
The other track I can go to Queensland Raceway has none of the above conditions but its really quiet boring compared to lakeside.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Added the PC3 friday night, went for a ride today - definite improvement on/off throttle and smoother, Bike runs abit hotter though. Next some slipons and maybe a shock.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What mapping you using mate?...Wzout PC3, SP1 is bit rich....correct me if im wrong...

Have you tried Yoshi mapping?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Using the map for standard bike with standard pipes. Your right the map leans the mixture out almost everywhere, that also explains slightly hotter running - on the plus side the fuel economy has improved.

·
Registered
422 Posts
so wat mapping u using...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ok, wat slip on u thinking getting mate?...here we Ti Scorpion & Remus that is street legal...cost ard $1800 Singapore dollaRS

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, wat slip on u thinking getting mate?...here we Ti Scorpion & Remus that is street legal...cost ard $1800 Singapore dollaRS

Geez thats a bit rich for slipons, there isn't much available for the SP1 anymore, Im hoping to pickup something cheapish on ebay. I'm not to concerned about power gains just after abit more noise - At the moment I'm considering gets a ohlins shock instead.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There alot out there mate, u just need to source out...mine i get from state..as is cheaper & illegal...legal cost more due papers works..

Other option that, u buy race can but insert modified baffles..that should make less noise..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick update on the PC3 USB, there are two maps available for the stock bike
M105-301US or M105-702 European. Which map would best suit the Australian delivered SP1?

I'm still looking for slipons, just waiting to find the right brand / price - and I just bought a new set of leathers so that does me till after christmas.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Quick update on the PC3 USB, there are two maps available for the stock bike
M105-301US or M105-702 European. Which map would best suit the Australian delivered SP1?

I'm still looking for slipons, just waiting to find the right brand / price - and I just bought a new set of leathers so that does me till after christmas.
Use the Euro map. How much are you looking to spend and I can point you in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts