RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, so I bought a PCIII USB from a guy on here a little while back and finally got my new exhaust fitted. So the question I have is how do I get it programmed? I plugged it into my computer via usb cable but nothing seems to happen. It doesn't light up or anything. Did I get a bum unit? Also, The exhaust I got is a Jardine 2-1 full system. I am not seeing a map for this on the Power Commander website, or any other 2-1 full system. Anybody have any idea where I can get a map that would work for me? Any help would really be appreciated.

The Power Commander is not hooked up to the bike. I don't have a laptop so that can't happen. Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get a box with it or an adapter of any kind unfortunately. It was used. I just looked on the Power Commander website, that adapter is available there. Thanks for the info Chipg. Do I need the cd from Power Commander as well? Or will the computer recognize that it's hooked up?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
You'll need the software to store or modify maps with the PCIIIUSB.
If you have a laptop running the software and connect the PCIIIUSB, the software will detect the unit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You have to go their website and download the Power Commander IIIUSB software then after you done that down load the maps for your specific year, after that if you don't see any of the maps for your mods, pick the one most recembles yours that's what I did.... I have on my bike 2:1 Jardine headers and Akrapovic can, flaper remove and aftermarket air filter so I pick the closest thing to that..... You should install it on your bike is easy and plug to the battery, if no laptop the then is going to be hard whitout the 9v adapter.... Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts