RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was browsing ebay and was wondering what the main differences between the power commander units are ie; difference between pc2 and pc3, have seen one or 2 PC2 units on the bay and was wondering if there are any real differences in the way the units operate the bike? ie could you tell if it was a pc3 or a pc2 by the way it rides?

basically i am wondering if i can get hold of a cheap pc2 to take out the annoying snatchiness lower down the rev range, are the maps specific to devices? ie only pc3 can run a pc3 map?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Right now if you are in the market buy the best unit you can, PCIII USB It is the most up to date. Some of those older models I don't believe Dynojet supports any more.:cool:

The map files are different too.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
The PCII was problematic with a hard starting issue on many bikes and had a lower resolution than the units that replaced it (PCIIIR & ultimately the PCIII USB).

Additionally the PCII used an archaic and imprecise method of adjusting the fuel curve by fudging the sensor inputs and tricking the bike into making changes. The PCIII USB uses a precise mathematical formula to alter the injector dwell time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts