1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
114-411 is the Power Commander part number for the SP2 ('02-'06).
However, it will fit the SP1 just fine.
If downloading a map, make sure it's for an SP2 or SP1, but you'll need to create your own map preferably anyways.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
One of the first mods for any RC51 owner. The PC makes the fuel curve nice and smooth with the proper mapping. You will not be disappointed. PC USBIII

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, it's worth it... and I think the ones on Scott's store are both the same.
114-411 is the one you want for an SP2.

There are many maps out there to match what you have on your bike (airfilter, exhaust, etc.) and if you have access to a Dynojet Tuning Shop, they can tailor your map specifically to your bike.

A good investment.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Been running one on my VFR for a couple years. YES Get one.

I found mine used. For the RC that is. A PCIIIr for $175. It uses an older style serial cable tho, instead of a USB cable to interface with your computer. Your computer should have that style port, but USB is way more universal. My bike is all stock, so might wait until I finish my header project/aftermarket exhaust to install it.

If used is an option for you, you can use a PCIIIr, or the newer PCIIIusb. Some even still use a PCII. Wouldn't recomend that one just cause it's a little more limited and technologically older. Besides Power Commander's maps, there are other fuel maps available from tuners that will work too. But the best scenerio is to get the PC on your bike, with the appropriate map (free download from PC) then take your bike and a couple hundred bucks to a reputable DynoJet tuner and get the map tweaked for your particular bike and riding style.

Use this forums search, there's tons of posts on this subject.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, I have a PCIII on mine with standard exhausts it made a big difference made pulling away from a stop position a lot smoother.
Well worth the money, I got mine secound hand 6 months old no problem.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
...made pulling away from a stop position a lot smoother.

I hear others say that too. My vfr has hydralic clutch and notoriously twitchy throttle under 4000 rpm that I had to get used to, so I didn't have that issue with the RC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts