RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been in contact with the gent that makes these, $245 USD shipped to Canada with the TI bolts. NOT BAD.
Quality bits here, for those running aftermarket airbox these are a must have in my opinion. 50mm in length.

SP2 stacks are a possibility for those who have SP2. He needs a set of sp2 stacks to model from, I think Nobody may have this covered.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
i have sp2 velocity stacks if he needs them model to with, id be more than happy to oblige

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Why not get a 3D printer and make your own... :p ;)

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I think Wingnutt had a set of 3d printed ones. I personally wouldn't use a set of printed ones. You really have to trust that they would hold together.

Also, I noticed on the thread with the guy selling HRC throttle bodies over on speedzilla that the screws were safety wired. That's something I would definitely do.

Yeah, I'll make some as soon as I sell all my possessions and buy some machines....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Those look well made, but what is the benefit?? Would they be beneficial to a 98% stock bike?? I imagine it may tame the herky jerky low speed throttle a little bit? Interested in any info

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This will not help your F.I problems.... Power Commander is for that.

These will improve your lower/mid range throttle response on SP1's to put it simply.

I am sure more will chime in.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Those look well made, but what is the benefit?? Would they be beneficial to a 98% stock bike?? I imagine it may tame the herky jerky low speed throttle a little bit? Interested in any info
Yeah you def need a Power Commander for that. Mine was very herky jerky, and the PC smoothed it right out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I understand about the power commander, I was just wondering what the stacks are good for?? doesnt it already have stacks from the factory?? or does it enhance the effects?, any power increase?? Stock airbox compatible??

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
sorry i didn't see this earlier. Different sized stacks will do different things. A lot of factors play into it. The Throttlebodies, intake, airbox will all add in to it as well. As far as the stacks themselves go, size (short/high), trumpet diameter, trumpet shape, and even those little bumps on the trumpet edge all play there part.
For the most part a shorter stack will give you more top end power but will likely lose everywhere else. Longer stacks tend to give you more torque down low, but everything depends on the engine, valves, etc. its just a method of fine tuning your bike to better suit what you want it to do.... kind of like gearing.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought his first set... I love em, can not wait to try with my Lidded airbox. :cool:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I may be wrong but I thought I read a thread or maybe it was over at rogue that somebody tested every combination of velocity stacks and there was no gain over stock

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
You will not see a gain (if you do it will only be 1-2hp up top, but you will lose at lower RPM). All you are doing is adjusting powerband.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts