RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2003 with 15K miles. I believe it is a 3rd owner bike. Bike appears to be stock. Seller is looking for $3900. NADA says bike is worth between 3900 (low) and $5K average. I'm curious if this applies to the real world or what I should be paying. Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That seems like a good deal. That's less than what I paid for mine with 11k last weekend. Check it over really well for evidence of repaired damage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you happy with it? I had a 2001 years ago so I'm wondering if it will be that much different compared to an '03.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So far....absolutely. But I just got it registered 2 days ago and only have maybe 30 miles on it. This is my first Honda, let alone RC. So....still learning it. It's very different from my Ducati.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great to hear. I've owned mainly Hondas, but I remember the RC being a bit more harsh to ride. I do love the sound though. I wonder if bar risers would help at all.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Hand the seller $3,200 cash and take it home....buy a hugger/undertail/brake lines (cirle one or two) with the money you saved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts