Do not have rat damage but the owner before me sure did some weird wiring. I have found a few wires that were spliced into the main harness that did not go anywhere but had a bare wire at the end. I have cut all them down and taped off the ends so will see if that works. He also used speaker wire for the turn signals so need to fix that also. How do you clear the codes? Do you disconnect the battery for a few minutes or if not how do you. Thanks for all the help.
To clear the existing ECM fault codes (read the steps before attempting):
1. Turn ignition switch OFF.
2. Jumper the service connector contacts.
3. Turn ignition key ON.
4. With ignition key ON, remove jumper from service connector.
5. The MIL (FI) light will light for approximately .5 seconds.
6. During the time the MIL light is lit, jumper the service connector again.
The self-diagnostic memory is erased if the MIL indicator starts blinking.
Note: The service connector MUST be jumpered while MIL indicator is lit or or MIL will not start blinking.
7. Do NOT turn ignition switch to OFF before the MIL starts blinking!
8. If the MIL blinks 20 times, the self-diagnostic memory has NOT been erased.