RC51 Forums banner

program the PC3 USB???

10K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  jooisk 
#1 ·
I just installed a PC3 USB but currently don't have a computer to adjust the settings. Does anyone know how I can adjust the settings without a computer? It's a stock bike with a K&N air filter. no pipes. I was told that I can just plug it in and that's it, but there are 3 buttons on the PC3, low, mid and high.

Please advise. Thanks!

#2 ·
Here's a synopsis of the button feature.

Fine Tuning with the button adjustment feature.
Button adjustment is designed for fine tuning a motorcycle that has a Power Commander installed with the proper map to match your modifications.

Button adjustment
1. Put the Power Commander in button programming mode by firmly holding down all 3 buttons while turning the bike on. Note the buttons may feel stiff.
2. When the Power Commander is in button programming mode, pressing the Low, Mid, or High buttons will select that RPM range (the RPM range is divided into thirds), and the L.E.D will indicate what the setting is.
3. "Zero" indicated by two L.E.D's lit in the middle, means that the buttons are not affecting the fuel being delivered by the map.
A movement of one led represents a 4% change on Power Commander II's and a 2% change on Power Commander III's.
4. Tapping a button will richen that RPM range, which is shown by the L.E.D climbing closer to the rich end of the led scale. Holding down a button will lean that RPM range, which is shown by the L.E.D dropping closer to the lean end of the led scale.
5. When you are through with the button programming mode, leave the bike on without touching the buttons for 20-30 seconds. The Power Commander will save the button settings and go out of button programming mode, the L.E.D will drop to the lowest position.
You can verify this by twisting the throttle. The L.E.D will move up and down (not the full range) as you open and close the throttle when the Power Commander is not in button programming mode

Note: If while adjusting the buttons you wait 10-20 seconds between adjustments the Power Commander
will go out of button programming mode

Note: if you turn your ignition switch off before the Power Commander goes out of button programming
mode the changes will not be saved.

#3 ·
After reading all of that I suggest you get a computer bubba. Find a friend with a laptop or something. It literally takes minutes to download the software and up load a map. Chances are there isn't a map on the pc already. Whats on it is a 0 map meaning all the tables are zerod out so its just running the stock map and the pc is just kinda acting like a bridge in the wire harness.

#16 ·
I've tried to remove and fiddle around with the IAT just to make sure it's been connected properly. I guess it might need replacing.
The ECT sounds a little more complicated so I'll probably bring it in to get it checked.

When the FI light comes on when starting the bike, I turn the ignition off and on a few times and the light goes away. Do you think this will damage the bike or anything? The FI indicator only comes on during cold starts and not if the bike is warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.