RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
long story short i bought my new to me 04 in feb. and immediately started prepping it for the track. i was a pretty good expert class racer in ccs and lrrs with a little wera endurance racing as well. i knew this wasnt really a competitive bike by todays standards but then again im prepping it primarily for trackdays with a little racing here and there. with a house, wife, 3 kids and twins on the way my budget for racing really isnt there. at any rate, i bought this bike and it looked very clean from the pictures the seller had. and he was 4 hours away. the bike wasnt quite as clean in person but it seemed in good working order nonetheless. i get her home and start pulling off the plastics to find out that this guy had no idea how to keep a nice bike clean. there was 6 years of grime on the engine, inside the swinger, on the shock, all over the motor, and the rims apparently had never been really cleaned. so i pulled the bike apart all the way down to the frame swingarm and motor and got to detailing, safety wiring, etc.. etc... picked up my ss brake and clutch lines, new chain and sprockets, new swingarm guide as the old one fell off, race tires, swingarm and frame sliders, clipons/grips and a few other misc. items. couldnt afford suspension just yet so that will be next season. picked up old bodywork a sharkskinz upper and belly and no idea what the tail is,and although it looks good now it was a mess and really a piece of shit otherwise. and to keep it short ill stop there and post the pics...

before

after

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw, dont mind the messy garage, i didnt have time to clean it while working on the bike.

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Oh yeah....bike looks good. ;-)

BTW, too bad I'm not selling them, but I have a set of RC forks revalved and re-sprung by Dan Kyle sitting in the garage collecting dust....and they have maybe 500 to 1000 street miles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bro... yeah they are due at the end of oct... and perhaps you may want to part with those forks come january next year... and you should know already that there is no "h" in my name. ;)

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
thanks bro... yeah they are due at the end of oct... and perhaps you may want to part with those forks come january next year... and you should know already that there is no "h" in my name. ;)

So how was your 1st time on the track with the big girl?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was a really good day, by the end of the day i was feeling much better and the bike handled great for stock suspension. i gave you a long winded pm on gixxer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts