RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my front cowl off for the first time last weekend and found that, well, it would not come off. Someone had soldered the ground together on both sides and eliminated what I assume is a connector. So unless I cut the green wire, I can't take the front cowl off.

If someone can tell me, is the connector for the orange wires an OE style? Does the green wire have it's own connector? I'm planning on ordering a couple weatherpack 3 wire connectors from Amazon and just wiring all of them together in one connector.

Also noticed that my inner cowl that runs along the bottom and holds the signals is busted. Are these hard to find or expensive? Never realized anything was broken or messed up until I started taking the front end apart.

20150410_180120 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I think you'll have to cut the ground wire. Normally they have a 1P white connector on each side.
The orange and blue 2P connectors are correct.
The chin cowl is available thru OEM suppliers for about ~$50 as I remember. I had to buy one a couple years ago.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated! I had no idea the inner was so cheap. Found it on Ronayers for $50 on a list price of $63. Now to figure out if it is easier to get it local or order it and pay shipping. The local place even charges shipping some times, which makes paying list completely foolish.

Sadly, I also found about $200 worth of other parts I should also be buying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts