RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive wanted one of these things for several years now and finally made ends meet to get one, had to sell off my DRZSM to do it but I did.
I picked up a 00 with 24XXX miles on it, prob not accurate due to the gearing change. I got a little lucky with it having a pcIII, 15/42, stainless brake lines, and a really pretty paint job.
I do certainly enjoy riding this beast. I enjoy riding it a little more than my speed triple 955. Ive been slowly adjusting on the suspension and this thing is getting more and more fun to ride.
Ive had to do a small list of repairs to it, ditching the shinkos for qualifers (they were freeninetynine), the front turn signals were MIA, plugs, cleaning/lubing the idle/fast idle linkages, and replacing the overflow hose to the bottle.
Ive also slowed down the blinkers with the EP34 relay trick, neatened up a few things, picked up a D&D slip-on (sounds awesome), and ordered a speedodrd, and a 40 tooth sprocket (20 mile trip to work).
I love this thing and actually enjoy swinging wrenches on it. This site has been very helpful with that, Thank you very much for the info on here!

Thanks Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome, and that's a great intro. I just turned 25k on my 2000.
Cool Castrol theme.
Are you riding on flat land? If you have any turns, hills, traffic, or city riding, that 15/42 ratio will serve you well. Nice and quick acceleration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts