RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just got back from some wind therapy, a relatively short ride. There was an accident on a up hill section and was waiting for about 5 min in traffic. Temp got to high for me. I want to do the pusher fan install. So, what kind, size etc and is it a direct plug and play?… or do I need connectors?…. And, I know Wibbly had brackets made for these (still have any? Wibbly) or what type did anyone else use. Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
'01 SP1
40 Posts
all in stock and ready to ship my friend. send me a note.

the pusher fans are SPAL 30103013, they are a straight plug and play for SP2

if you have an SP1 you just need one fan, and the fan isn't QUITE plug and play, but it's close.
ive got a spal that im going to put on my SP1, do you have tips or tricks on how i should do that? i figure the only thing keeping it from being plug and play is the silly temp switch in the rad. should i splice the temp switch into the ground for the fan or is there a better workaround?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
You unpin the negative from the spal connector and connect it to the temp switch. Then unpin the jumper wire from the stock fan and plug it into the spal connector and hook the eyelet up to the radiator. Done deal.

Do you need a bracket I do sp1s as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
all in stock and ready to ship my friend. send me a note.

the pusher fans are SPAL 30103013, they are a straight plug and play for SP2

if you have an SP1 you just need one fan, and the fan isn't QUITE plug and play, but it's close.
Hello - I've been wanting to upgrade the fans on my SP2 as it runs hot anytime I ride in town under 40 MPH. Can I get in on some fan brackets as well? I assume I source the fans through one of the suppliers like Summit?
Thanks in advance, TC

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello - I've been wanting to upgrade the fans on my SP2 as it runs hot anytime I ride in town under 40 MPH. Can I get in on some fan brackets as well? I assume I source the fans through one of the suppliers like Summit?
Thanks in advance, TC
Thanks in advance, TC
spalusa.com for the fans.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my pusher fan brackets from Wibbly this week.. Totally worth the money as I know they are quality and will same time on installation. Don’t waste time trying to figure it out on your own… if Wibbly has brackets.. get them…Thanks Wibbly!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello guys, I myself have an Sp2 RC and looking to upgrade my cooling fans due to heat issues. I went to the SPALusa.com website and looked for the Spal part number 30103013 as above however was unable to locate it at the websites cross reference. Was wondering if that part was discontinued or if it has a different part number?

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
That's interesting. You can use a 30103013 or 30103021 for pushers. Maybe their site doesn't show out of stock items. People are absolutely still buying these.

Have you tried Amazon? Lots of people buying from there

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's interesting. You can use a 30103013 or 30103021 for pushers. Maybe their site doesn't show out of stock items. People are absolutely still buying these.

Have you tried Amazon? Lots of people buying from there
Thank you Wibbly, I will check amazon and look to see if they have the 30103021 part. I live in northern Arizona and bought the 06 Sp2 last October and it seems to get to the 250 degree range pretty often, anything that helps it run cooler. I also have to 01 Sp1 and it has never really overheated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you Wibbly, I will check amazon and look to see if they have the 30103021 part. I live in northern Arizona and bought the 06 Sp2 last October and it seems to get to the 250 degree range pretty often, anything that helps it run cooler. I also have to 01 Sp1 and it has never really overheated.
Any idea what part number it is on amazon?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
seems that it's sold out quite a lot of places. i guess the rc51 community is buying them up hah.

try here.

also, if you are seeing temps as high as 250, i'd suggest you check the condition of your cooling system, including water pump. something's up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts