RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a buddy of mine bought an 03 RC51 new back in 03. a couple of weeks later with 800 miles on the bike he lowsides on a turn, nothing serious just cracked fairing and a scratch on the tank,tail and exhaust. He got so upset about it that he didnt want to ride the bike anymore. So he started parting it out. Eventually I convinced him to stop. Fast forward to last week. I got addicted to track riding but I ride my Hypermotard to work everyday so cant take the risk of going down. So I started looking for a track only bike, I called my buddy and his answer was "just get it out of my garage". SO... 2003 RC51 , 800 miles, clean title, whole bike is in pieces. Only thing missing cause it got sold was tank,plastics,subframe and brakes. The project begins by the end of next month the RC WILL be at its glory again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
If anybody is going to need a shop manual, that will be you.
If you don't have one, get one. You will be reading that book for quite a while. :)

Initially it's kinda sad to see the engine in a crate and the rest all in pieces.
But it's happy to know that it will be eventually roaring down the road!!

This will be a great opportunity to really, really get to know every inch of your bike.

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
Mine's RC51n manual's elecronic (pdf), and all other manuals are paper.
I think both are handy depending on the situation.
I can browse both the service manual and parts list side my side electronically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts