RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking @ B Millers Pic....
whats the best way to attack the front cyl for valve adj . I am thinking , set up on pitbull front forkstand / headstock stand , remove front tire and fender , loosen oil cooler . Then get to it for access . Do I need to go thru all that or can I get to it from the top w/o removing the TBs ? As the manual states :confused:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just did my valve inspection and, for once, I'm glad I have dual side-mounted radiators. I found plenty of room to access the front valves by putting the bike on a stem stand and removing the wheel and fender like you described. You don't have to, but it does make for more room and you lessen the chance of accidentally scratching the fender. Unbolt the oil cooler and move it out of the way.

I loosened both radiators and removed the plumbing that goes across the top of the valve cover. If you happen to be flushing your coolant at the same time, you could remove the radiators completely and have all kinds of space, though it's not necessary. Pushing the radiators out was necessary when I was removing/installing the valve cover though.

Oh and don't forget to remove the wind deflector thingy and mounting bracket for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts