RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking to pick up an SP1 in the near future. In fact, there are 2 in my general vicinity that interest me but one of them seems a little off. The thing about it is that the red seems to be almost orange and on the front fairing, around the lights, there is a number plate type decal clearcoated into the paint. I have yet to see another one like this and I believe that all the plastics have been changed due to an accident. Am I being paranoid or were there some 2000 SP1's that had the orangeish paint and the number plate decals?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's kinda what I thought . . . I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, there were some that came with an optional paint scheme but I just can't believe that the paint would be any color other than the typical Honda red.

I'll probably stay away from it and grab the other one that I'm looking at.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Correct me if i'm incorrect, but the SP-1 (euro version) differs from the RC-51 (US version) as far as paint schemes. The SP-1 had an all red paint scheme with black number plates, left and right on the tail section and all red in front. The RC has a red and silver combo paint scheme, with black numbers plates on the tail section and one on front fairing around the headlights. There is a difference in the reds between the two. The SP-1 was a lighter red that could be mistaken as orangish. So maybe the front number plate decal could have been added with clearcoat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts