RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i have seen the info on here somewhere, and apparently my "searching" capabilities are sub-par...

Do i need to drain the clutch lines before removing the front sprocket cover? or am i able to just slide it (slave cylinder) out of the way? I can't seem to find the page in the manual, only the part about servicing the slave cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
When you remove the bolts holding the sprocket cover, only one short bolt secures the slave cylinder to the sprocket cover.
You don't have to remove all the bolts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you make that diagram? Or is that from a manual? I don't recognize it from my manual, at least i don't think i have seen it. That's awesome though, because its exactly what i needed.

Subsailor...i'd hate to see the next superbike you want come out, because if you left this forum i'm pretty sure a lot of RC51's would not get the maintenance they need. thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Did you make that diagram? Or is that from a manual? I don't recognize it from my manual, at least i don't think i have seen it. That's awesome though, because its exactly what i needed.

Subsailor...i'd hate to see the next superbike you want come out, because if you left this forum i'm pretty sure a lot of RC51's would not get the maintenance they need. thank you.
Yeah I whipped this up back in '09 for the very same question you had. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts