RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between SP1 & SP2 Dog Bones? Anyone know the length of the top of their head? I cannot ever recall this being an issue prior, but I've got a customer with a shock fitment issue where a light spring rate is rubbing inside the swingarm at a spot higher up than the welds. Tis bizarre...

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
from the bikes ive pulled apart i have not seen a discernible difference in length between the dog bones. I have a few, they just arent marked sp1 or sp2.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I checked the fiche: not the same part # but only the last 3 numbers differ - in my experience this just indicates a different supplier. I'd say they're the same.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi Mike, I measured my SP1 and a customers SP2 last night. As far as I can ascertain, mine is 170mm c-c and his is 160. That would certainly explain the issue, but I cannot believe that I am the first person to experience this!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
So, mystery solved! I ordered a new link based on the differing measurements between a customers SP2 and my SP1 with an SP2 swingarm, Kyle link and Ohlins shock. The new one is definitely 10mm shorter, the same as the one from my customers bike. I removed mine to compare and notice MEL cast into the link, not MCF like the the new one. (MCF we all know is Hondaspeak for the RC51)

MEL...? Bloody CBR1000RR...S$%t!

So, thanks to Mike and everyone who replied!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts