RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding a quick shifter to my bike for this season looking on STG they list two types. One replaces the shift rod the other attaches to the shifter and a fixed point. Which one workes better on the RC ? If anyone could post a picture of there installation I would appreciate it. I'm running standard shift pattern so I do not believe the el cheapo quick shifter will work with standard pattern. If someone has one they would like to sell I'd be intrested. I'll be sending my order in sometime next week any input would be appreciated

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like they are using what is listed as the linear shifter inline with a GP pattern.To bad its in German I'd have to ask my mother-in-law to read it to me to see what it says. I think I'd rather just guess and wing it.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
heres mine, its the linear type, regular shift. i used one of the oil pan bolts for a mounting point and added a piece of aluminum to the shifter arm(jb weld) for the other point

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brake light switch would only work with GP shifting as far as I can tell and the two tracks that I goto I have no need to shift coming out of a left hand turn so I don't see trying to switch to GP in my future.

·
Registered
66 Posts
heres mine, its the linear type, regular shift. i used one of the oil pan bolts for a mounting point and added a piece of aluminum to the shifter arm(jb weld) for the other point
Hey really nice work...
just a question, is it working properly?
i bought my quick-shifter yesterday and now i'm looking how to place it.
any videos how it works?
i can't imagine how it works...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It works great I used it at the track Saturday for the first time. Its one of those things you wonder why didn't I do this sooner and couldn't imagine going without now.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
It works great I used it at the track Saturday for the first time. Its one of those things you wonder why didn't I do this sooner and couldn't imagine going without now.
It is...but I leave it standard for my brother since he rides once a year.:p

Beside you will learn...I am ambishifterous.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Just adding some food for thought.
Fits straight in. The replacement link bar is 3/8" hex ally X 95mm long.
Push type sensor from Germany 100 Euros. Similar dimensions as the Dynojet shifter but half the price. And you get to keep the original rod for returning to standard.
Good because it detects you loading the gear lever before the drum starts moving.
if you're thinking about a quickshifter it a mod well worth doing IMHO.

And that German one looks like it was made by a butcher who was given a welder for Christmas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts