RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone uses or tried to fit a quick shifter on a RC51 ?? I have a Vtr SP 2003 and was wondering if it is possible to fit it with Sato's rear sets!

What do you think of reverse shifting on this bike on track, is it helpfull??

regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flatshifter.com do a quickshifter with full throttle clutchless upshifts and clutchless downshifts (autoblip system) and a cdi version.
grez

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for now, i just changed the clutch lever for the lever of the VFR800 to upshifting and i am enjoying the most... On track gave me very comfortable shifting! Dont need quickshifter yet...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use a HM Quickshifter on my RC51 superbike, and a GP shift pattern. Works great! GP shifting takes a bit to get used to (esp. if you have other bikes with regular shift pattern) but on the track GP shifting is much preferred.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use a HM Quickshifter on my RC51 superbike, and a GP shift pattern. Works great! GP shifting takes a bit to get used to (esp. if you have other bikes with regular shift pattern) but on the track GP shifting is much preferred.
Where did you bought your HM quick shifter? Here in Portugal is very dificult to get race parts for RC51 or VTR sp2, it is an unusual bike here...
do you have photo?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
You can do a quick search on here for that other thread about quickshifters, I did one on my bike with the brake light switch. It was basically free. It is an easy way to try it out and see if you like it before you spend the cash. Mine will stay on until I have issues with it. It is very nice to have at the track, and yes, mine is installed with gp shift, which I like much better. Just takes a little time to get used to.

Here is a pic:

Here is the thread, you can read all about it and there is a link to where I found it:

http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5484

·
Senior Member '09 Dec BOTM
190 Posts
Cordona quickshifter for PC3USB

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You should see the guys doing the dyno runs when they get a GP shift bike...especially when they kill it the first time.;)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I've got the GP shifter on my SP2 and I wouldn't change it (have the stock too) for anything. Not that big a deal to deal with the reverse pattern sinc eth RC is sooo much of a departure from the Wing it's just natural to shift it differently.
Kantiflas where in the Algarve are you? Haven't been there in many years, but the SP should be a good fit for over there (if somewhat unique, hell what am I saying, they're unique here ffs!;)) Used to frequent a little diner there Called the Ristorante Atlantico about 20 mins from Montechoro, fantastic Piri Piri chicken!

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi, i installed a pclllusb on my rc51 and now i want to install a Linear Shift Sensor (Push Type, pc part), but i don't know if i need something else to install the quick shifter? or just buy and install?

thanks

·
Senior Member '09 Dec BOTM
190 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts