RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope

The HRC is just 1/6 turn. Not progressive as far as I know.

If you notice, this one pulls the cable very gently at first while it gives a strong pull if you keep twisting it.
You can read the specs in that web page if you want.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
oh i see, heck the stock throttle kicks my ass as it is no need to change it for me

thanks for the reply Makis

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem.

If I haven't installed the Rizoma grips, which I adore by the way, I would have jump on this the second I saw it.
It gives a very good throttle control while cruising in thick traffic and due to it's camshaft like lobe, when you twist it a bit more it's like, wham! extra instant throttle for you :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know for a fact that all throttle cable tubes are 22mm I.D. so they are kinda universal.
But an email to the seller before purchase never hurt anyone so far. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Makis- What would one benefit from this throttle tube?

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Makis- What would one benefit from this throttle tube?
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409241&postcount=3

Nope

The HRC is just 1/6 turn. Not progressive as far as I know.

If you notice, this one pulls the cable very gently at first while it gives a strong pull if you keep twisting it.
You can read the specs in that web page if you want.
and

It gives a very good throttle control while cruising in thick traffic and due to it's camshaft like lobe, when you twist it a bit more it's like, wham! extra instant throttle for you :eek:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I know for a fact that all throttle cable tubes are 22mm I.D. so they are kinda universal.
But an email to the seller before purchase never hurt anyone so far. :)
this. most handlebars are the same. you can try a 1/5 or 1/6 yamaha r6 tube if you want for like $10 on ebay. fit my bandit 1200

just remember a big cam might not fit in you trottle/switch housing (such as a 1/6) 1/5 should drop in with no modification

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this. most handlebars are the same. you can try a 1/5 or 1/6 yamaha r6 tube if you want for like $10 on ebay. fit my bandit 1200

just remember a big cam might not fit in you trottle/switch housing (such as a 1/6) 1/5 should drop in with no modification
As the manufacturer states on their website under the product's description

Product Information
Our quickturn throttle tube is a beautiful billet 6061 aluminum throttle, designed to deliver a a slightly softer initial on/off throttle delivery, while progressively providing a wider throttle opening per degree of throttle twist amount, resulting in less total twist to achieve full throttle.

Stock Superbike throttles have a smaller overall cam perimeter and linear delivery at every rotation percentage, resulting in a harder on/off throttle transition, but more annoying grip rotation to acheive wide open throttle. Our throttle tube has an softer (approximately 3%) initial twist percentage than stock throttles, however increases in progression to become faster than stock (by approximately 10%) at approximately 25% of throttle rotation, achieving wide open throttle approximately 10%-15%.

* Fits the stock throttle housing (cable may need adjustment after installation).

Click link for and instructional webpage on throttle adjustment: Throttle Adjustment

* Solid one piece design eliminates the possibility of losing or breaking extra parts.

* Installs in minutes, with no special tools required.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
fwiw: the HRC tube that pops up on Ebay sometimes, is 1/6. That's what I have. Huge difference on throttle control and shifting for me. But, I'd be very tempted to try this one that's tweaked a little.

·
Registered
469 Posts
As the manufacturer states on their website under the product's description
cool. well anyone wanting to save $60 can get a nylon tube off ebay.

fwiw: the HRC tube that pops up on Ebay sometimes, is 1/6. That's what I have. Huge difference on throttle control and shifting for me. But, I'd be very tempted to try this one that's tweaked a little.
does the 1/6 turn fit in the housing without any "cutting?"

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool. well anyone wanting to save $60 can get a nylon tube off ebay.
Saving $60 would be in discussion if this and a plastic tube off ebay where the same so that they could be compared.
They are totally different on how they work on the cables so buying a plastic linear pulling tube would be night and day compared with this progressive pulling tube.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got the HRC one for mine & it works fine.
Thought it might be on/off but it was'nt.
Better than standard and you don't look like you're wringing its neck when you give it the beans.
The one at the top of the thread looks gimmicky to me.
But its your brass.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts