RC51 Forums banner

Quickturn throttle

10K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Rickman 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Nope

The HRC is just 1/6 turn. Not progressive as far as I know.

If you notice, this one pulls the cable very gently at first while it gives a strong pull if you keep twisting it.
You can read the specs in that web page if you want.

#5 ·
No problem.

If I haven't installed the Rizoma grips, which I adore by the way, I would have jump on this the second I saw it.
It gives a very good throttle control while cruising in thick traffic and due to it's camshaft like lobe, when you twist it a bit more it's like, wham! extra instant throttle for you :eek:

#11 ·
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=409241&postcount=3

Nope

The HRC is just 1/6 turn. Not progressive as far as I know.

If you notice, this one pulls the cable very gently at first while it gives a strong pull if you keep twisting it.
You can read the specs in that web page if you want.
and

It gives a very good throttle control while cruising in thick traffic and due to it's camshaft like lobe, when you twist it a bit more it's like, wham! extra instant throttle for you :eek:

#20 ·
I've got the HRC one for mine & it works fine.
Thought it might be on/off but it was'nt.
Better than standard and you don't look like you're wringing its neck when you give it the beans.
The one at the top of the thread looks gimmicky to me.
But its your brass.

#26 ·
You're gonna love it Bear! I sure did.
You will have to lift your gas tank, remove the airbox, and loosen the throttle cable from the throttlebody. It's pretty straight forward and easy.
Don't forget to tweak your cable adjuster just under the handgrip. That will get that final bit of play out of the throttle.
Watch your shifting and blipping get more accurate! Clutchless shifting is much better for me too, because it takes such a slight bit of movement it's easier for me to match rpms with the gear I'm going to.

#27 ·
Ok cool, but I thought the only bit of a adjustment would need to be under the throttle tube itself, there are adjusters there. But couldnt see anything that adjusts near the throttlebody. There is just the wheel that the throttle cable slides into

#28 ·
There's another adjuster at the throttlebody. You'll see it; you have to back it off - to get the cable off of your OEM tube.

(I didn't do this, but as I'm thinking it through): once the OEM tube is off, I would adjust the under-grip adjuster to halfway. Right in the middle. Hook the cables to the new throttle tube, then use the adjuster at the throttle body to get as close as you can. Then get things put back together.
For the final adjustment, to fine tune the throttle slack, dial in the under-grip adjuster.

#39 ·
I don't want to be an a$$ by potentially giving my 2 cents here but you should never lubricate throttle cables. By doing so you will attract dirt and deposits over time, wearing and tearing at the assembly inside... Throttle cables should be left dry or replaced over time if need be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.