RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I just bought a 2000 RC51 - I was wondering what the popular opinion was on the easiest way to disable the ignition - being a ex-racebike it has the lock cylinder / switch removed

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Did they butcher the wiring harness to bypass the ignition switch?
If not, you might check RC51Parts.com to see if Ben has an ignition switch and key set.
If so, you might then see if a locksmith will make a duplicate key for the rear trunk lock as well.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
it may have Damon Stewarts wiring harness mod done. how is the rest of the harness? lights work and everything? is it all hacked up? Damon Stewarts mod basically mods the factory wire harness into the HRC basic racer harness.
Like subsailor said your best bet is contacting Ben at rc51parts.com check to see if the bike still has the connection for the ignition key switch....that may have been cut or removed from the harness.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pick the bike up Thurs. - I am told all the wiring is still there - here is a list of what I know so far.

Flapper Mod
Smog stuff removed
Projector beam headlight
Brake lights and license plate
Side stand (lower bodywork must be removed to use sidestand)
Here is a full list of aftermarket items that are on the bike:

Airtech Race bodywork
Fitted with Dzus fasterners
Power Commander
Nissin Radial Master Cylinder
Steel braided brake lines front and rear
NEW Bridgestone Battlax BT003 tires
Mini racing battery
Billet Aluminium Clutch Cover
Hyperpro steering damper
Penske shock - triple clicker for Hi & Lo Compression and Rebound
RaceTech front suspension
Vortex gas cap
Zero Gravity screen
Woodcraft clipons & rearsets
HMF Carbon Fiber High SlipOn Cans

I will know more when I get it home and strip it down - I just wondered if anyone knew of a key switch and or where in the wiring I could put it to disable the ignition so it could be parked on the street - thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a key switch - thinking it should work to interupt the circuit where they have it wired hot to the kill switch - its coming along

1 - 5 of 5 Posts