RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so after I spent the bike bucks on new OEM fairings I had also bought an new puig screen from Racecrafters on eBay. After the install and having the bike out in day light I see alot of and I mean alot of ripples in the screen at the double cease. I have asked Racecrafters if they sold blem screens, reason being is the thing looks like crap from the puig sticker to the ripples on both sides of the screen. The guy assured me that Puig does not let any blems out of the factory. OK so I said back well one must have snuck out.cuz I have one here. Its brand new just put on and it looks like hell up close. I have had cheeeeeeeeeep ones look alot better than this. His reply is once its on its on and its yours. Well I kinda beg to differ while spending 90 bucks on a screen that looks this bad.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I kept on him and he did say return it for a full refund upon inspection.... Well I know its a blem from the looks of it and I had told him that I need one and a good one before I send this one back. I ride man! This thing is ugly and I want a new one sent so I can take it this crap off my bike. Any one else have this trouble?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
So I kept on him and he did say return it for a full refund upon inspection.... Well I know its a blem from the looks of it and I had told him that I need one and a good one before I send this one back. I ride man! This thing is ugly and I want a new one sent so I can take it this crap off my bike. Any one else have this trouble?
I have bought Puigs for years and no issues. Sounds like this guy sells "deuces" to unobservant buyers:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping that the Puig dealer that roams these forums can put a little info on here.... The dude said multiple times that NO blems make it out of Puig factory . Well I'm here to tell ya that I got one and I'm not happy. I had spent almost $1700 bucks on plastic and to have a Fri Gen windscreen look like this is crappy.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I'm hoping that the Puig dealer that roams these forums can put a little info on here.... The dude said multiple times that NO blems make it out of Puig factory . Well I'm here to tell ya that I got one and I'm not happy. I had spent almost $1700 bucks on plastic and to have a Fri Gen windscreen look like this is crappy.
They are making an effort to make it right so maybe ride it out until the replacement makes it to you.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True but he said no replacement until i send mine in.... I don't want any more down time due to someone else's mistake. I know it happens quite often out in the world bit to tell me NO blems make it out and I end up with one is crappy. I did tell him if he didn't send me one I was going to flame Racecrafters every where possible and I will.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
True but he said no replacement until i send mine in.... I don't want any more down time due to someone else's mistake. I know it happens quite often out in the world bit to tell me NO blems make it out and I end up with one is crappy. I did tell him if he didn't send me one I was going to flame Racecrafters every where possible and I will.
Take lots of good pictures of it before you ship it back....you don't want any "scratches" to appear :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts