RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouchtown, population you bro...

Looks like the bike was fighting you coming out of the turns a bit and not allowing you to hold a line. What have you done to the suspension? What kind of sag numbers do you have and where is your front & rear ride height set?
AK20's in the front, Penske rear. I just got this thing and this was the first time I ran her with race rubber and put my head down. Haven't taken any measurements although the forks are showing about 15mm above the top triple.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you went out a raced without setting up the suspension to your weight first?

Dude......
Noooo...I changed the shock spring, front sag was good. Bike felt good at a couple trackdays, but I never ran hot pace on it to really dial it in. And it was hot this weekend, 90+ degrees.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First off, very cool....Nice pass at the 2:52ish mark. What the hell happend? I've watched that video a hundred times already and still dont understand what happened. Understeer/front end push maybe, coming in a little to hot into the turn? Please dont take that as any kind of criticism, just curious. I hope to be taking my soon to be track prepped RC out in July.
Rob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Afew nice moves in there... I notice that your temp during the race was running right around 240... DAMN!! I thought my RC ran hot... So what did happen.. I couldnt really tell, but it appeared to be a highside... ?? Nice video..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts