Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Did you catch the RC51 project bikes?
http://www.tuningcompany.de/aktuelleprojektebeikainzinger/hondasp12rc51mit1220oder1315ccm/index.html

Variant I:
1315cc with 106mm bore and 74.6 stroke
Has 13:1 compression with 11.5K redline.
179 - 187 HP and 103 - 107 Ft/Lbs of torque.
Requires a 24V electrical system just to crank it.

Variant II:
1120cc with 106mm bore and 63.6mm stroke.
Also with 13:1 compression and 11.5K redline.
Has 160 - 167 HP and 88 - 90 Ft/Lbs of torque.
This one still uses a 12V electrical system.

Both have the replacement Kainzinger gearbox which can handle the added power.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Could anyone produce such an aftermarket exhaust system? I wrote to Durbahn in Hamburg Germany, but he does not have any of the Edwards replica exhausts anymore. would be interesting if someone could be found who could produce such kit. There are lots of posts on the various forums on exhausts. Who knows, a small production run might be possible....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Could anyone produce such an aftermarket exhaust system?
Simon, Sato, Akrapovic, Arrow can all produce the exhaust (or a similar variation). Be prepared to pony up some cash... they usually want to do 30-50 units per run (bare minimum, doing enthusiasts a favor). $3K/$5K exhaust system x 30 units = minimum total.

But yes, it would be great if there was a run... :)

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
that is a nice bike, and some sweet numbers to go with it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Banned
427 Posts
Simon, Sato, Akrapovic, Arrow can all produce the exhaust (or a similar variation). Be prepared to pony up some cash... they usually want to do 30-50 units per run (bare minimum, doing enthusiasts a favor). $3K/$5K exhaust system x 30 units = minimum total.

But yes, it would be great if there was a run... :)
i have repeatedly mentioned i could get 10 units done for under $2000 each:cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i have repeatedly mentioned i could get 10 units done for under $2000 each:cool:
Would you be able to get a system done like the "Kainzinger RC51"? You see posts about exhausts on a regular basis but there does not seem to be a lot a choice any more. Well at least the Satos are not produced any more. I have a set of Satos on mine and am impressed by the results. However it would look awesome to have the header pipes of the works bike with the Sato end cans under the tail unit. Can you imagine what that would look like?:D

Attachments

·
Banned
427 Posts
i have contacted another pipe manufacturer i know of who might be able to do some ti and inconel but they are going to be expensive one off type of exhausts. we will be able to get low quantities but the cost will not be low LOL more of the + $2000 for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts