RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've got an 01 here that's been kind of a wiring basketcase. My blinkers have not been working lately, i've checked all connections, but nothing is loose. When I turn the blinkers on, I can hear the relay clicking, however usually they don't work, or it will take anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute to start working. I'm thinking I need to replace the relay, however i'm not sure where to find one. The one I found on ebay seems to look the same, however it's for the SP2 models. Anyone have any ideas or know where I could find a relay? -Kris

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the turn signal relay from my '00 SP1. I was working just fine when I converted the bike to the track. I'll sell it for $10 shipped.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I had exactly the same issue with my relay. Apperently they can become tired and work, or not, at random. Cycle gear has the replacement and it's LED compatable, for $20.
It instantly brought my rear bulbs and front proton led's into perfect working order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply guys. I've sent RacerX a PM to take his, hopefully this solves the problem. I'm also thinking about replacing the rear wire harness since mine is so butchered, but there are several different ones on RC51parts.com , anyone know which part number i need for an '01?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I've sent RacerX a PM to take his, hopefully this solves the problem. I'm also thinking about replacing the rear wire harness since mine is so butchered, but there are several different ones on RC51parts.com , anyone know which part number i need for an '01?
Ben knows. He runs RC51parts.com. just ask him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts