Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
My wife and I will second that!

2-up, after hitting 250KMH on de Veenslang, diving through de Bult...

Saw Randy race Cagiva late 80's, including his sighting lap wheelie crash at Strubben. Told him NOT to do that with my wife.... :)
He told me that mgt did give him a lot of crap for that at the time :)

The look of concentration in her eyes coming out of de Strubben onto de Veenslang........ :)

That picture you attched of him sliding? Printed that (and a few others) a few times as and had Randy authograph them :) You want one?

We both got some goodies too...

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is freakin' awesome Dutchy! Must have been tough. She was concentrating on the ride, as would any good passenger. The better passenger you are, the better, faster ride you will get I imagine. Not much time to take in the sights I would imagine. Heck yeah I want one!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Would you believe there were some pillions who had NEVER been on a motorcycle on their life?
After we visited the clinica mobile, one guy decided he was not gonna go....

Randy (and Battini) gave a briefing upfront, and we all had to do a trial sit... One important thing to NOT Do was squeezing the legs as they need room to move L/R

Aye, GP16 engine and all that....

They stressed the need to look over the shoulder that was leaning into a turn. That they'd point L/R if needed. That as they'd feel you "responding" they'd crank it up.

So I did my best to recall R-R-R-R-L etc.....

We all got a "stoppie" after the GT-chicane :surprise:

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nicky's version of the Mamola Slide!

Attachments

Reactions: DannyBoy

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember Barry Sheene had a similar, pavement only save. Not quite as acrobatic as Randy's, but still impressive. That whole incident in that clip is incredible. But I bet keeping that bike up, while side saddle in the grass, was more difficult than the pavement "Flying "W" routine. Maybe some of those Folks who backed out of the two up ride on the day you and your wife did yours, saw this video!

Reactions: mc-sp1.nl

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
My wife and I will second that!

2-up, after hitting 250KMH on de Veenslang, diving through de Bult...

Saw Randy race Cagiva late 80's, including his sighting lap wheelie crash at Strubben. Told him NOT to do that with my wife.... :)
He told me that mgt did give him a lot of crap for that at the time :)

The look of concentration in her eyes coming out of de Strubben onto de Veenslang........ :)

That picture you attched of him sliding? Printed that (and a few others) a few times as and had Randy authograph them :) You want one?

We both got some goodies too...
That is awesome. Once in a lifetime opportunity right there. He always seemed like a really down to earth guy.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought maybe I saw you in the crowd while watching the race yesterday Dutchy. I'll have to go back and re-watch again. Best race of the year so far!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts