RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2000 RC51 and its my first bike (and before you start worrying, I've been riding for years, just never my own bike).

It doesn't run well due to a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator, which should be in in a few days. 12K miles, almost stock except for the Power Commander (II I think), and Mori Waki titanium high-mount slip-ons. The steal part? I got her for only $1,500 :D Granted she isn't running quite yet, but she will be :cool:

Anywho, wanted to say hey to the forum that I know I'll be spending alot of time in, and share my little life-psyching story.

Included are some pictures for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is an awesome deal. Hopefully you get it running soon. You will love it.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome and thanks for bringing another 2000 to the forum!
Ok, that's a crazy steal price too!
Musta been at the right place at the right time, eh ;)
Oh yeah, go vote on the 'what year is your bike'

Whats your last six numbers on the vin?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Now that Jon reminded me; I was watching Top Gear yesterday (the BBC one) and they mentioned a site-- http://howmanyleft.co.uk/-- and according to that there are only 8 SP-1s in the UK while there are 895 SP-2s. Not sure how accurate it is but it would be cool to have something like that in The States. Oh, and welcome bmxjunkie.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: Got the FPR installed, un-Hydro-locked the front cylinder (looked like splash mountain when it happened lol), cleaned the plugs and.....dead battery :/ sigh.. such is life. Battery's on charge at my shop and tomorrows another day, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all the support so far guys, totally feel at home already :)

Jondog; where do I vote? and the last 6 are 000409

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Here's the poll.
http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5078&highlight=year

As I understand it, Honda made 5000 RC51's for each production year of it's 6 year run, to be sent to the US market. Or North America, whatever. So there was only 10,000 SP1's ever available to us.
Basically, your bike was the 409th RC51 made in that first year for the US market.
Just a little thing I follow. As these bikes begin to diminish, years down the road it may mean something. Or not...

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Good for you. Being in the right place at the right time shines through again.....congrats

1 - 12 of 12 Posts