RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 01 that has recently picked up the habit of dying at lights, no rhyme or reason, completely random. Ill ride no prob for weeks and out of the blue, in one day it might die every other light, then be fine for a week. Ive done a bunch or research on here and have check FPR, Idle is correct, kick stand switch, checked all electrical ( found 2 pinched wires on PCIII side and re soldered) Bike runs flawless otherwise. It is like someone shut the ignition switch off, no FI light, and restarts no prob. any in put would be great! thanks.

01 RC 51 SP1
15,000 miles
PCIII
Durbahn air box
Jardines rt-1

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
When it dies, does all electrical shut off - gauges and lights?
If it doesn't then you losing fuel, if it does you're losing electrical.
Maybe the kill button? Makis had a cool trick for cleaning out the switch housings and internals with a little compressed air, regulated down to low pressure. Can't remember which thread I saw that tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idle is correct, and have full electrical, Im guessing its in the PFI system, but no FI lights so kinda weird. thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ll give it a try, my hi beam relay just went out and am searching for a replacement, any one have a good source for relays for these bikes? Honda told me the Rc doesn't have a hi beam relay, they weren't the ones holding the part I guess lol! thanks

Is bank angle necessary? has any one bypassed it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Why don't you ask Ben at www.rc51parts.com?
As a used part are very cheap.

P.S. Bank Angle Sensor is necessary for the bike. Even the SBK version has one. You cannot remove it.
actually you can. i removed mine when i had my rc. simply jumped the wires together. maybe youre arguing that you shouldnt? in that case, probably wise not to, but i didnt like the look of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts