RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 04 RC shut down on me at teh gas station. Fuel pump was not coming on. Wiggled some wires in the network of wires on the connector underneath the seat, in front of the battery on the right side. Fuel pump came on, then it worked again.

The next day, I washed the bike. Was *trying* to make sure I didn't get electronics wet. Started the bike up, and it was running rough/sputtering. Could only keep it alive by cracking the throttle and purging it. Could only go a few hundred feet. Had to keep restarting and goose it the 1/2 mile ride home.

Figured I got something wet, I waited 5 days and tried to start it. Same thing. Bike just runs really rough, and will die out.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if this is the problem but I have had problems with the fuel pump not coming on to find that the ignition kill switch on the handlbar had got wet when I washed it. And the bright dimmer switch not working as well from getting wet during a wash. Seems that the electronics on the handlebar controls are kind of sensitive to water. Something to look into anyway. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts