289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about Foreplay!

Reactions: Joe XR and DannyBoy

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wish my SP2 had old school gauges on it, like the Hayabusa. Nothing is racier looking, than white faced, dial type tach and speedo, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
that's funny, because i really like my digital dash.

i don't mind an analog tach, but i do like a digital speedo.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm being dragged into the digital world leaving heel marks behind me. I agree as far as having just an analog tach. Something about watching that needle move like a conductor of a symphony.

Reactions: chuckhunter

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have Marty Feldman eyes, I can do both at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi! I know I'm late to this discussion--But I'll have a go all the same. I, too, am looking for an analog tach for my '03 SP2. I can only see my tach "at a glance" during night riding. And I don't really need to see the tach at night--feel and noise tell me all I need to know about my RPMs. But now the RC51 is a dedicated track bike and RPMs matter. With the sun ANYWHERE in the sky from 11am to 5pm the tach is just washed out. If I look really hard I can see it--but, since I don't have the above mentioned Marty Feldman eyes, I'd rather not do that too often.

So a big round analog dial with a white face, black lettering and a swinging needle would be fine. Don't even need a speedo.. I can do math and calc speed later. Any suggestions? Even a digital would do as long as it doesn't hide from the sun 😎

I'd love to hear suggestions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts