RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I've read this before and just re-read it again...thanks Sub.

I think the article makes some good valid points but also saddens me that said valid points are mostly true. The Japanese bike market needs a good shot in the arm to get it going again, but what's it going to take?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I've read this before and just re-read it again...thanks Sub.

I think the article makes some good valid points but also saddens me that said valid points are mostly true. The Japanese bike market needs a good shot in the arm to get it going again, but what's it going to take?
A recession in Europe that is greater than Japans. New development is a rare thing these days (At least cutting edge innovation)

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
What knocked Honda off the pedestal was the fact that the powersports division was for almost 15 years run by bean counters rather than enthusiasts. That has finally changed and the division's corporate gurus are determined to make Honda regain the top position in the marketplace. Harley Davidson has also currently a 'non moto' CEO and it's hurting them too. Having Keith Wandell at the helm of arguably the most iconic name in motorcycle history is like having a ship's captain that has uncontrolable motion sickness.
Of course we've heard Honda make promises before, but seeing the excitement in the eyes of the reps and training directors last week leads me to believe once again there's hope in the Honda camp. Unlike some past meeting experiences, all the dealers I spoke with were happy; not like 5-10 years ago when we were all mute with reserve or downright depressed. It appears that somebody across the pond finally heard the cries of anguish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts