RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've always liked the Aprilia Tuono and the Yamaha FZ-1. I wish Honda offered something similar. Hey how about a DIY. What do you think about modding the RC into a supermotard? Remove side plastc and side radiators. Purchase used/new/from salvage yard, etc. radiator to mount in front. Mod some metal pieces to extend/raise front fairing to accommdate the new superbike bars, mod the top triple clamp/purchase top triple clamp to accept new superbike bars. What am I missing? I assume the hardest part would be installing/attaching a front radiator. So let me know your thoughts. All feedback/comments are welcome.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i see ducati monsters going for 3k and less around here, why not just have both? Those front mount rad kits are not cheap anyway and the resale on your 51 when done would be close to worthless. Not like your trying to make a profit here but thats alot of work, maybe im just a bit of a purist lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, best to keep RC as is.
Hey Screamin Chief, where r u located that Duck Monsters are selling for 3K? I guess its been a while since I last looked at the used bike market. Guess I'll peruse......

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
im in Kansas City. There is currently a 98 monster 750 $2500, 01 900ss $2700, 98 st2 turned into streetfighter $2300, 2000 monster $3900. All on craigslist. K.C. is a really good place for used bikes maybe because there is no other major city to close

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The RC/Viper is exactly what I was thinking about. Not real keen on the additional bodywork that was fabricated around the gas tank that house the turn signals, but great mod job. Kind of reminds of the bodywork on that huge Suzuki B-King. Maybe i'll purcahse another RC and turn that one into a street fighter. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The rc weighs enough to make two real motards. It's just not that kind of machine.
Street fighter maybe, but really best left as the great racing bike that it was designed to be. I would not want something with the sort of power my RC has off road even if it were 200lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts