i like how it says "Magnesium colored" for faded sato rearsets

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmm, should I buy it and part it out?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Haha...I was wondering when someone was going to post this.

Maybe I'm bad at math...but where is the $20k???

Must be the original 2004 (black) fairings on his 2001 bike rated at 180hp :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
all im saying is if drop 6-7k on that carbon......i want it to at least look different than a normal RC thats just got carbon fairings....i dont even seen anything that great on it

like that tasty stuff Durbahn makes that changes the whole look of the bike

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took a bit for the thread to take off, but is now. I'd like to think that some here know when I post a thread, it always tends to be good. :D:p

Besides that, I won't bother getting into a price estimation on mods. No need to in my opinion. But if the CF and stock bodywork is near mint, with all the mods and related parts it doesn't take much to say parting the bike out is worth well above $5k. (2X bodywork and 2 tanks, 2X exhaust, lights, engine, frame, swingarm, mods, rads, wheels, brakes, etc.).

If I were in the US....

Gotta stir the pot here.

The seller seems to be into nice things. He has a bimota for sale as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
If a Carbon tank is not made with the right (expensive) hardener / sealant, it can become porous over time...

If the alloy parts are faded it'll probably mean there's some fading to the clearcoat on the carbon too since both react over time to UV.
Also, the 2004 body doesn't match with the year of the bike, so chances are it has been down, even if the current owner didn't do it himself.

It might be an investment for someone, but not a great one by the time all costs to purchase, collect the bike, strip apart & sell components are considered.

BTW Typically Bimotas are so difficult to get parts for they're not worth very much. A friend with an SB6R (GSXR1100 oil cooled engine model with a LOT of torque). He bought his when about 4 years old for about $7000 (equivalent in UK) with only minor scratches from a stationary spill. The original owner had tried to sell it for a long time and found no takers, eventually selling it to Richard.
He has has spent a minor fortune on his getting dry carbon custom made body, forged wheels, etc, but it's still not road worthy again (yet). I see other Bimotas & SB6R's here in Japan never sell.
They looked fantastic when new, but with lack of after sales support they quickly became troublesome bikes to own.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I thought the '2004 body' was a typo. I think he meant 2005 body parts. That's what the picture shows.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Same tail, upper and lower I have. Fitment and quality are fantastic but they are made to be painted. Cosmetically they are around a 7.5/10 when left un painted.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Same tail, upper and lower I have. Fitment and quality are fantastic but they are made to be painted. Cosmetically they are around a 7.5/10 when left un painted.

I'm assuming the kit didn't cost you $10k... As I still don't see $20k in upgrades.

·
Registered
26 Posts
^
If the prices are similar it definitely didn't cost over 6k. I had the OPP carbon/kevlar tank, and fairings on my k6gsxr1000 and I spent about 4500..

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I had my tail re cleared and buffed,it is light as a feather and whatever B Miller put in there for led's they work great;)

Like you said fit is spot-on ...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The seller was obviously doing the salesman thing in his ebay ad. Big pitches. Don't get hung up on boisterous claims and sunlight reflections.

Look at it all
01 SP1
2 sets of bodywork with two tanks
2 sets of exhaust
2 sets of levers
2 seats
2 undertails
2 airboxes
2 sets of rearsets
2 sets of brake lines
2 sets of mirrors
2 snorkels
Scotts damper
rad fins
PC
Battery tender
rear stand

The bike sold. Maybe to a parter. If so, he will do well.

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
I have a full set of carbon fairings and I'm looking to buy an ETI carbon tank...if I purchase the tank all said and done I'll be into it for $1800 ya I said $1800.
I had a good budy call me asks me to come over, he has a ton of RC stuff laid out. Sato exhausts cans, mids and bodywork. The body is all carbon...he says make an offer so I do. He says ok and away I go.

ETI fuel cell will run me about $1500 all said and done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts