RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here but I'm hoping I walked into a quality community...never know with these forums. =P

I just bought an SP1 frame/subframe and engine and I've got to piece together all of my other parts. I was told that I could mix and match parts from other bikes, for instance - I can use CBR1000 triple tree/front suspension instead of trying to track down RC parts. Is there any truth in that? Are there any other parts that are interchangeable, either from SP2 or even other Honda bikes? It would really make my life quite a bit easier as it's difficult to find RC51s in salvage yards and ebay parts are definitely higher dollar for RC51s. I couldn't find another thread for this, but if there is one somewhere, just drop a link and that will get me started.

Thanks in advance
Mack

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The cbr forks are quite a bit shorter than the rc51 forks. It'll throw off the geometry a fair bit. The 51 likes to be put on its nose a bit, but not that much.

Using 929/954 triples that offset down from the top clamp will help with that part

·
Registered
6 Posts
PM me and let me know what all you are needing. I have an entire NH SP2, that i need to get out of the garage to make room for something new.....pretty much anything you might need, except frame or tank, that is if your wanting to go back with RC parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts