RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moved to Texas, and the moving van jacked up my 04 Hayden RC51. Squeezed it against the side of the truck and cracked most of the plastics. Dumbasses.
Using a damage claim to fix the bike, and I was actually wanting to go with the "Stars & Stripes" (Texas Tornado) paint/decal scheme.

Does anybody know the specifics on the paint colors, vinyl/decal kits, where I can find them, etc.?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Seven stars ???? Ebay china crap is all I've seen with that paint scheme, I would go with OEM stuff if they are paying/responsible for the damage. ??? Get proper stuff.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The cheap way is to go to FleaBay and get a complete Chinese set for under $500. The fairings come with all the decals installed and pretty much ready to go. I can only imagine what Honda would want for a complete set of plastics.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Cheap Chinese poor fitting rubbish will be a regrettable choice

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
The cheap way is to go to FleaBay.... I can only imagine what Honda would want for a complete set of plastics.
Upper fairing is $388.00 +tax
lowers are/ the cheapest I have found... $286.00 +tax
Tail section- $285.00 -No passenger cover

Being that those paint schemes are usually custom.. China is cheapest, thin, and brittle.. Don't drop it in the driveway..Fairing will shatter-Like "Pringles":D

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The cheap way is to go to FleaBay and get a complete Chinese set for under $500. The fairings come with all the decals installed and pretty much ready to go. I can only imagine what Honda would want for a complete set of plastics.
Actually, back in 2008, that imagination cost me about $1600.
I had to replace all bodywork due to the various cracks and damage by the previous owner.

I also had to replace all the wiring harnesses as well for the same reason, but I digress...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I say go for it. Im more than pleased with my chinese plastic. Maybe i just got lucky who knows. Bit for what your getting on the ins claim, you could get the edwards chinese and probably piece together oem from ebay and have both. By the way, the triumph in pic also has the chinese plastic and is also pleased
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not going to put ebay plastics on the RC. I'm working with a motorcycle shop here (for the claim) and they are going to use OEM Honda RC51 plastics. But, they are going to strip the decals and repaint them to match the texas tornado scheme. Shop guy mentioned it's easier to just buy the black plastics for 2006 RC and strip those.
I guess what I'm looking for is the correct colors to use for Texas Tornado, and a place where I can buy the vinyl/graphics kit, and not the plastics.
the goal: http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/attachments/honda-rc51/754d1133864809-my-colin-edwards-rep-edwards-1.jpg
and
http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Racers/Edwards/2002/ColinEdwards_Laguna_RHF_Close_Wall_1024.jpg

Any help on this would be grrrrrrreat!
:)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I say go for it. Im more than pleased with my chinese plastic. Maybe i just got lucky who knows. Bit for what your getting on the ins claim, you could get the edwards chinese and probably piece together oem from ebay and have both. By the way, the triumph in pic also has the chinese plastic and is also pleased
Please say you are not one of those guys that rides around with no exhaust pipes:eek::rolleyes:. That , or you have the 2 into one. Which I am not huge on either:D.
The RC just looks best with two nice cans on er IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I'm not going to put ebay plastics on the RC. I'm working with a motorcycle shop here (for the claim) and they are going to use OEM Honda RC51 plastics. But, they are going to strip the decals and repaint them to match the texas tornado scheme. Shop guy mentioned it's easier to just buy the black plastics for 2006 RC and strip those.
I guess what I'm looking for is the correct colors to use for Texas Tornado, and a place where I can buy the vinyl/graphics kit, and not the plastics.
the goal: http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/attachments/honda-rc51/754d1133864809-my-colin-edwards-rep-edwards-1.jpg
and
http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Racers/Edwards/2002/ColinEdwards_Laguna_RHF_Close_Wall_1024.jpg

Any help on this would be grrrrrrreat!
GOOD MAN, NOOOOOO !!!!! do not butcher the OEM's PLEASE !!!!!

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
motorcycle shop here (for the claim) and they are going to use OEM Honda RC51 plastics. But, they are going to strip the decals and repaint them to match the texas tornado scheme. Shop guy mentioned it's easier - I'm looking for is the correct colors to use for Texas Tornado, and a place where I can buy the vinyl/graphics kit, and not the plastics.
I would think. It will cost you $1600.00/plus for doing it this way... BravO...
The red -Honda used is "Racing Red" .. it is a four stage paint(white primer, pink primer/red pigment, Red base, clear coting..
Just painted a complete set of fairing $450.00 in just the paint...:)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
2n1 all titanium jardine with ti akra can but thanks for the squid vote buddy

HAHAHA!!! It's all good chiefster, just having a little fun with ya !!! Cheers Bro !!
Let me know what you do for a shock ??!!:D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts