RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately, winter is quickly approaching and I am planning on putting the bike in hibernation for the next few months. Can anyone recommend a quality cover for the RC51? I can't seem to find one specifically for the bike. I remember reading somewhere that the Honda OEM cover for the CBR1000rr fits but I am not sure.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Is it indoors? If it is just do what I do, she just gets covered with a soft sheet...it breathes and keeps the dust off of her.

Outdoors I'm not sure because all my bikes have always been indoors.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it indoors? If it is just do what I do, she just gets covered with a soft sheet...it breathes and keeps the dust off of her.

Outdoors I'm not sure because all my bikes have always been indoors.
The bike will be stored inside my detached garage. I still want it covered though to keep everything off of it. The sheet may work. I would just have to purchase one big enough to cover the entire bike.

Thanks

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
I use a Motorcycle cover I get from from Wallyworld....get the large size, cost under $25, can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Cover will stop things from collecting on top of it, but you mention a detached garage. Do some good things to keep the rodents out of the airbox, exhaust pipes, tail section etc. Steel wool works great for plugging entry holes, a couple mothballs will protect your storage areas.

·
Old & Slow Admin
274 Posts
GEZA gear FTW!!!

I have 3 and one is probably 15 years old and is perfect condition even after all those years. They are a bit on the spendy side but IMO, worth every penny!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts