RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, i recently put a 2003 rc51 motor in my yamaha rhino. the motor is all installed now and i used the complete factory wiring harness and after i got everything laid out and hooked up, the motor doesnt crank over. the cluster with light up once i hit the ignition and when i hit the start button the cluster just shuts off until i release the starter button. any ideas why this is happening? i should also say, there is no kick stand on the bike so the plug is not plugged into anything. so im trying to start the bike in neutral to avoid any issues....i should also say that the battery is not dead, no blown fuses, the clutch is also not hooked up.im also using a external fuel pump not the factory honda one or the wiring for that matter..no starter relay clicking either..

Thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
I would plug the sidestand switch in and zip-tie the switch to the ON position so it won't rotate and kill the engine.
The sidestand switch works with the clutch switch and neutral switch for the safety circuit, and the path goes to the ECU.
At least that's for a start.

Also is the battery in decent shape?
If the battery is low and you try to start I've seen where the ECU will cycle it's self-test again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts