RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, was looking at some Google image search pics and came across your forum. I thought you guys might like to see some pics of my bike.

A very tiny pic from early in my ownership (film camera, scanned pic, sorry):

After the modifying bug bit, on a trip to MotoGp in California, RC51 USD forks, custom exhaust, etc:

Got hit by a cager a couple years later, bike was wrecked and rebuilt, blurry, but you get the idea, this is early in the rebuild:

Almost done, wheels are mismatched, and a few details to work out, but rideable:

Down in Oregon last year:

And going to Southern BC this August, wheels finished, few more carbon bits, etc:

Almost at 80,000km now and running strong. Hey, it's a Honda!!!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
beautiful bike. Love the theme and the work is really clean. great job.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
That's a lovely looking VFR, very tastefully modified - body colour scheme looks stock, but the attention to detail is apparent on closer inspection :)

I've got a 70000 mile VFR 750FL (Owned since near new) that I hibernated in 1998 & has recently arrived to Japan. Sitting on it felt like coming home. :)
Still not got around to beginning work on it and tempted to buy a mint lower mileage example for sale inexpensively... either way, by summer I'll have a VFR to tour with and the SP2 to play faster with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, here's a pic taken just before the end of the season this year.

Currently, the bike is sitting in the garage, snuggling under a cover, warming to the battery tender and sipping Sta-Bil.

I removed the swingarm to have it powdercoated satin black, to match the frame. Will also be doing braided lines all the way around, leaning towards the red lines, as there are a few red accents on the bike already.

Swingarm done, need to press in the bearings and reinstall:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice bike!!
The V4 sounds really nice with a set of pipes on them.
The shitty audio of the cheap digicam doesn't do it justice, but here you go.
It's a lot deeper and not tinny in real life.

This was from well before it was painted, but the exhaust is the same.

It sounds WAY better short-shifting through the gears with lots of throttle, running through the midrange over and over, and also sounds amazing on the overrun too. One of the reasons why I've only owned Honda V-fours.

Although I rode an RC51 with a set of full Moriwaki highmounts on it and that was also wicked cool. I couldn't stop twisting the loud handle just to hear the exhaust!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I would ditch the SP2 sticker, but other than that it looks good.
Well, it's got a complete SP2 USD front end/wheel/brakes grafted on it, so the sticker kinda goes with the theme.

Thanks for the good words. :)

No progress on the bike, still in pieces. Xmas holidays, hanging new closet doors, and fixing the steering shaft on the Family Truckster. Maybe between Xmas and New Years I can get after it.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Excellent work veefer. Are you located out on the BC coast?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent work veefer. Are you located out on the BC coast?
No, but I wish I was, much better riding in BC than here!

I'm in whitecourt, 1.5 hrs NW of Edmonton.

Plenty of arrow-straight roads around here, lotsa oil, cows, moose and deer.
Much better in southern BC and towards the coast. I've ridden most of the destination highways from the book and do so whenever work/life/finance permits.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Haha, small world, I live in Athabasca, 2 hours from you. Have friends and a neice/nephew there as well. We get over every so often. I f we ever get more snow, we'll likely be over in the new year to do some sledding with our friends. They live next to one of the trail heads out by the airport so it's convenient to get on the trails from their place. Reason I mentioned the coast was it looks like Kalamalka Lake in the background of one of the pictures you posted so I thought you were either in the Okanagan or on the coast. with any luck we'll cross paths one day soon. If you're ever in the neighbourhood, I'm the sales manager at the local Honda/Polaris dealership so drop me a PM and I'll show you a couple of our roads where we get hooligan.

·
Registered
29 Posts
HI, was looking at some Google image search pics and came across your forum. I thought you guys might like to see some pics of my bike.
Almost at 80,000km now and running strong. Hey, it's a Honda!!!
I would prefer low clipons.

Apart from that your VFR is amazing.

(and the last REAL V4 engine produced, Cam Gear Train, not technology going back chain-tensioner on later vtec engines...)

·
Registered
447 Posts
I also have both a VFR and an RC51. I love the sound of the VFR with my Micron Pipe but I also love the sound of the RC51. The difference is that the VFR sounds good and the RC51 sounds good and goes good too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts