RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My name Is Ernesto and i´m having a problem with my Rc51 , the problem is the converter unit (MCF ci734) is damaged , and i apriciate if anybody could tel me if had the same problem and how solved that . the bike was runing well and then the engine stall like if had no gas in the tank, i replace the converter unit and the problem was solved, but after maybe 100km the same thing hapend and now i am just angry about it because if i buy another converter unit i am afraid that do the same again it and i dont know wath is keeping damaging the converter unit ...
I dont know if is anything related but i have Gpack and power commanderIII usb.

I realy apreciate if anyone could help me some how

Sory for my bad English

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Do you mean Current Discharge Ignition box C.D.I ???? Gray box on right of sub frame ??? with one plug ???

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I would check your Spark plug coils out, hell.... Check out the entire wire harness from front to back of the bike....Possible BAD ground issue.
One ground on right side of sub frame beside fuel tank, green wire where subframe attach to main frame, undo it clean your connections, di elect grease or vaseline on it..try again. Best to go through process of eliminations.

Keep us posted ???

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
thank you very much Duckhunter tonight wen i get home from work i will check that,

I will Keep you posted
No problem man, Just trying to help.
There is a few other grounds as well...but start with that one...and then we will move on to more in depth stuff.
Cheers from Canada :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Assuming it's the CDI box, then most likely it's some bad wiring. Someone maybe extended the wiring during time and used crimp connectors? Someone did that on mine and I ended up going through a few CDI boxes that blew from time to time before I discovered what it was. Soldered & shrink wrapped all 8 wires going to the CDI and it never had a problem since. I have a brand new SP2 CDI in it's original sealed packaging if you need another. I bought it as a spare, but have never had to use it. You can have it for what it cost me from Honda Japan.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much Stig ,

Now i am searching for some one to reapair it" don´t know if it´s possible...
but how much do you want for it ?
I have already bought one so i´m a litle down on €uros hehe.

Cheers from Portugal

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
No worries. If you already have one, then I'd rather save it for someone that may need it in future, or you never know... maybe mine will go in future. :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
You can have my new one (SP2 model's) 196 GBP incl. P&P to Portugal (EMS).

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
No worries. :)
Just make sure you check the wiring very, very carefully! - If a spark is able to jump between two terminals and does, it'll fry your new CDI :(

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Replied. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now i think the problem is solved until now it run about 400km and didnt fry another cdi , we check the wiring change the rear coil and removed the gpack just for caution , now i just take short rides and near my home haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts