RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Isn't that a tail off the CBR? Looks similar to the bike Evad parted out many months back.

Looks kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I dont get it, so you can smuggle drugs in the gas tank???
Looks like its meant to be an extendo-tank of sorts...

...loose translation of the ebay listing;

This article is a special production of the company . CARBO MOTO . The tail section which was separated by a monocoque (tank cap, tank , rear one-piece) for alterations , if the tank front resealed and in the seat a gas cap is installed , be used as a tank and rear combination. Stock fuel pump fits on the Aludichtring . Fuel tank capacity 6.5 liters . If the tank is cut out , this can be used as a normal self-supporting rear . Must be adapted to the front original tank.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Looks like part of it is missing
Oh yes.... Deffo something missing :eek::) Don't try to fill it with GAS ! :p:D

Looks like crap to me honestly as it has been butchered by someone for some reason.

BTW - It came up for sale some time last year as well, I suppose this guy ( the buyer at that time ) has not much interest in it either.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Oh yes.... Deffo something missing :eek::) Don't try to fill it with GAS ! :p:D

Looks like crap to me honestly as it has been butchered by someone for some reason.

BTW - It came up for sale some time last year as well, I suppose this guy ( the buyer at that time ) has not much interest in it either.
SOOOOO when are you going to make the FULL set? :D

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
In the description, the seller explains that it was intended to be adapted to the back end of the OEM tank. So you'd need to peel open the back end of your tank, make some kind of a union for the tank and tailsection that doesn't leak, then you'd have about 6 liters more fuel. And re-route your exhaust.

Is that what it's supposed to be?

Seems like a shitton of work. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
I'd love to see an underseat gas tank kit from DHC, that works in combination with the original tank, to extend range. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
That tail looks like it was part of the one piece tank/tail. I don't see how you would mold a steel tank to fiberglass and not have leak issues. Composities can have issues to expansion and shrinking at different rates.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I'd love to see an underseat gas tank kit from DHC, that works in combination with the original tank, to extend range. :)
It is a long way off buddy. Not to mention one who is going this route would need to relocate almost if not ALL of the electrics to the mainframe out of the tail sub frame. Not for the faint of heart. But DHC does have a battery relocate kit available so maybe a future project for when I have less on the go.

As it is I have 4-5 guys waiting on bodywork and they have been very patient about it so as I have been saying I am into that up to my neck right now - quite a challenge but I am making good results of my determination.

That tail looks like it was part of the one piece tank/tail. I don't see how you would mold a steel tank to fiberglass and not have leak issues. Composities can have issues to expansion and shrinking at different rates.
Ohhhhhh one would have problems mating this composite tank/tail to a steel one, hehehe.... oh yeah.... :D

Yup! +1 .
Really ? The one guy I know other then SCL on facebook who hates C/F !
I will win you over :cool:

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Not to mention one who is going this route would need to relocate almost if not ALL of the electrics to the mainframe out of the tail sub frame.
DONE!!!

Ohhhhhh one would have problems mating this composite tank/tail to a steel one, hehehe.... oh yeah.... :D
That is why it would be easier to mate this kind of extended tank to a DHC CF tank. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts