RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if theres an rc51 "flasher relay" to slow down the fast blinking when you switch to LEDs?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Yes. An aftermarket relay is out there. A few stores had it and ebay. Also some places generically label it as honda instead of rc51, and it will work as well.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes there is. I bought one over a year ago but can't remember where from.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off the shelf, direct fit??? please do tell mw the part number! I just piclked up a sweet looking rc51.. but the lights are a mess. Hotbodies dim rear lights. no plate lights, front turn signals tiny and flashing fast. Looking to address all of that before the summer. I ride at night.. and like to be SEEN.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
i found one on amazon. does this look right? was yours plu and play... or did you have to splice wires?
http://www.mc-motoparts.com/electronics-electrical-components/flasher-relay/re-ya02/
It looks correct, though the one I bought had the connector included and no splicing was required.

this looks like a DIRECT fit?!?! no splicing? they even reference the rc51 flasher module part number: fe246bh. has anyone tried this unit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Flasher-Relay-For-LED-Indicators-Fits-Many-Bikes-Replaces-FE246BH-/251477388031
There are a lot more on ebay. Though not all will work (it is easy to spot when they have the wrong connector). I'd pick one that looks good and go from there. Unless someone here can post a link that they verify works from their experience.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
They're always on the shelf at Cycle Gear. I bought mine about 2 years ago, maybe longer. I saw them hanging on the display just about a week ago. They've been out for a while now. Should be very easy to find.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok. super newb question. Where is the flasher relay. Bought my bike new.. all the wiring has been "relocated" to say the least.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
If the wiring has been - ah - customized, the relay could be anywhere. But normally its' in the rear center by the taillight on the SP1. On the SP2 it's hanging on a tang next to the reg/rec on the left outside of the subframe. You may need to remove the tailsection plastic to access it.
The connector is different than the other relays, it's a flat 3 pin connector, as I remember.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts