RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm re-posting an emailed request for help that I received from a friend who is part of the [email protected] community. If anybody could help, I thought they would be here on the RC51 forums. This is his original message below...

----------------

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of trying to help Chris Matye, OTT's camera man and producer, put his RC51 back together. Never done one before and I am spending too much time scratching my head (it took 2 hours to get the engine back in).

We need to acquire or borrow a shop service manual and the Honda tool for the engine/frame bolts. I have a torque wrench and tools, so that's all taken care of.

The new motor is in the frame, the swing arm has been reattached and the shock installed.

At this point I need help getting the bike together especially with all the coolant lines and vacuum hoses hence the request for an RC51 expert. I will provide food and beverages and fuel money.

The bike is in Redwood City, just off Marsh Road at the OTT studios. I would like to get his bike finished prior to 12/19 when I head back to the UK until Jan 10th for a vacation and family visit.

Please contact me offline if you can help via [email protected]

Many thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays to everyone :)

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SubSailor, I've passed along the link... and I'm going to download a copy for myself!

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Please read the engine removal/installation section.
The engine mount bolts must be loosened or tightened in a specific order.
The SP1s ('00-'01) used adjust bolts for the engine mounts while the SP2s use spacers.
If you have an SP1 you'll need the tool for the adjust bolts.
Also the tool for the swingarm adjust bolts too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts