RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a new consistant problem that has been occuring for the last few weeks. rc starts up fine, leave the neighborhood, and when i get to the exit, pull the clutch in and the bike wants to/will die if i dont give it a little gas. get going a few miles down the road, and at the next stoplight, all seems normal. for the rest of the ride it idles fine. noticed that it did dip down in rpms once or twice for a brief second, but returned to normal.

i checked the fpr, and it doesnt leak. and i would assume it would be a constant problem throughout the entire ride if it was the fpr. runs fine otherwise.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update: made sure the fpr wasnt leaking, choke was all the way in, disconnected battery and made sure connections at the battery and ground at the engine were nice and snug, and correct map was loaded.

went for a quick spin, and no problems. guessing the connections. who knows

·
Registered
198 Posts
Warm up?

Do you normally let it warm up before you head out? Sounds Like it could just be a cold engine if it only happens on that first stop after you leave the house I have experienced this once or twice only when I rolled out without letting it warm up. I at least wait till I see a temp register on the clock (97). Just a thought.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'd say around 140-150. it's an erion 2:1 with stock filters map. sp1 with jardine 2:1 and stock filters. runs pretty good. it had hesistation back in the day with a jardine 2:1 map with k&n filters.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The Erion 2-1 exhaust was just shit all the way around. That exhaust created all kinds of fueling problems and the map for it would not be a good choice for ANY other exhaust.

Who's jardine 2:1 map were you using originally?

Additionally anything less than 168° is still in the warm up phase of the 3D mapping so all bets are off in terms of maintaining proper idle etc. In truth 180° is pretty much the minimum engine temp on an RC51 for proper operating conditions.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Give me a hour and I'll post the jardine map. And I hear you about the Erion, but it's the only one I could come across that was close to my setup. It actually completely cleared up the break up I was having with the jardine map trying to go full throttle from cruise. What's weird is the jardine map, on the first column, the values are all over the place, but the erion map has a zero value all the way down the first column.

Even before operating temps the bike would idle at 1k, never dip and stall, and gradually worked up to 1300-1400

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
erion map im running currently

the jardine map that came with the bike. had some break-up rolling on to full throttle from about 5k or so.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
That Jardine map is retarded... Very poor execution and would likely add a lot of extra fuel at closed throttle and give you a lot of driveline lash when you reapplied the throttle or a hestitation/stutter etc

Under the right conditions a tiny bit of fuel can be added in the zero column to help with loading up the transmission for better shifting, but that is not the way it is done.

Try this map instead of the Erion map you have been using.
www.rc51.org/maps/2-1.djm

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, ldh, that was unsuccessfull on many levels. that map caused some stuttering, but even worse, my test ride resulted in a few tickets from johnny law lol.

note to self, small town pd and state troopers are all dickheads, mostly. sheriffs are cool!

·
Registered
606 Posts
What kind of Power Commander are you running? When I ran a PC3R, I ran into all sorts of issues.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sp1 with pc3usb.

Extrapolator-speeding, no m endorsement and expired inspection. Expensive lesson for sure. Haven't got my m yet because Texas mandated the msf course and I didn't want to wast 250 bucks on stuff I learned many moons ago on the street/dirt. Taking the class this weekend though and getting bike inspected tomorrow. Had to buy a clamp on bicycle mirror from Walmart haha.

My fault though, had many chances to get stuff done in the past and was let off the hook several times, but I'm still gonna say F THE PO-LICE!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts